You are here
Robinson-Spangler North Carolina Room Image Collection
Aerial view of Festival Park which takes place in September in Freedom Park which is located in Myers Park. This postcard captures the activies in 1966, which was the first year the festival was held.
The Golden Eagle Motel was located at 601 North Tryon St., at the corner of Tryon and 9th Streets. The back of the card contains the following inormation:
"150 attractively decorated rooms and suites, each with T.V., room controlled air-conditioning and heat, direct dial phones, wall-to-wall carpeting and tile baths. Restaurant and swimming pool. Comfortable rooms...reasonable prices...friendly atmosphere."
The The fifth Mecklenburg County Court House is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928.
A "natural finish" card made by Gray and Thompson, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Charlotte Speedway in 1929.
The YWCA in Charlotte was first organized in 1902 by the Charlotte Woman's Club. Helen Sherman Ogden Liddell (1863-1961) served as the first President. This picture is of the second YWCA building that opened in 1914. It was located at 406 East Avenue, now Elizabeth Avenue.