You are here

Buildings

South Park Mall

South Park Mall is one of the largest shopping centers in North Carolina. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

Independence Building

The Realty Building was located at the corner of Trade and Tryon and was built in 1907. It was renamed the Independence Building in 1920 and was torn down in 1981. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928.The Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located on West Trade Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Masonic Temple

Opening on October 11, 1921, the second Masonic Temple in Charlotte was designed by Willard Rogers in the Egyptian Revival style. Prior to its dismantling and demolition, after First Union purchased the property in 1987, it was the last example of Egyptian Revival architecture in North Carolina. The first Masonic Temple in Charlotte was located on South Tryon Street and the corner of Second Street. Built in 1913, at a cost of $122.750, the building was designed by Charles Christian Hook and Willard G. Rogers. J.A. Jones was the construction company.

Ovens Auditorium

Constructed in 1955, Ovens Auditorium is located on Independence Boulevard. It is name for David Ovens, a strong supporter of the cultural arts in Charlotte. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dexter Press

Masonic Temple

Opening on October 11, 1921, the second Masonic Temple In Charlotte was designed by Willard Rogers in the Egyptian Revival style. Prior to its dismantling and demolition after First Union purchased the property in 1987, it was the last example of Egyptian Revival architecture in North Carolina. The first Masonic Temple in Charlotte was located on South Tryon Street and the corner of Second Street. Built in 1913, at a cost of $122.750, the building was designed by Charles Christian Hook and Willard G. Rogers. J.A. Jones was the construction company.