The new St. Paul Baptist Church on McDowell Street. The Reverend James F. Wertz was the Pastor. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
You are here
The Wachovia Bank and Trust is located on 129 West Trade Street. This fifteen-story tower was the first to use prismatic cast stone panels. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: Unknown
The Clayton Hotel was located at 38 North Fifth Street. The caption below the picture reads, Charlotte's newest hotel, European plan, rates $1.00 and $1.50. Physical Description: 3x5 black & white Publisher: Unknown
This postcard depicts the Fourth Mecklenburg County Courthouse that was built in 1897, the Independence Monument and the Law Building. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: S H Kress
The Hotel Alexander was located on McDowell Street. During the 1940s, it was the only hotel in Charlotte that served Blacks. Celebrities stayed at the hotel. At one time, it was the center of social life in the Second Ward. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Aerial view of uptown Charlotte.Caption reads, Charlotte, North Carolina rapidly changing skyline. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: Unknown
Located on Independence Boulevard, Ovens Auditorium and the first Charlotte Coliseum were completed in 1955. The auditorium was named for David Ovens, a longtime supporter of cultural events. The Charlotte Merchandise Mart can also be seen in this postcard. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.
Ovens Auditorium is located on Independence Boulevard. Completed in 1955, it was named for cultural leader, David Owens. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.
Aerial view of uptown Charlotte Physical Description: 3x Publisher: Unknown
South Park Mall is one of the largest shopping centers in North Carolina. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.