You are here

Buildings North Carolina Charlotte

Realty Building (View from South Tryon Street)

The Realty Building was located at the corner of Trade and Tryon and was built in 1907. It was renamed the Independence Building in 1920 and was torn down in 1970.A trolley can be seen going down the street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Uptown Charlotte

Tryon Street in the 1950s with its many office buildings and shops. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dexter Press

Main Library (1956)

Evening view outside of the Main Public Library at 310 North Tryon street in the mid-sixties. This was the second library building on this site. It replaced the 1903 Carnegie Library. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

South Tryon Business District

Black and white street scene of South Street featuring the Piedmont Building, the Trust Building, the 4Cs Building, the Y.M.C.A., and the Carson Building.. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Unknown

First National Bank Building

The First National Bank was located at 112 South Tryon Street. It merged with the American Trust Company in 1958. Physical Description: color postcard Publisher: Tichnor Brothers

Piedmont Building

The Piedmont Building was located at 222 South Tryon Street. Designed by Frank P. Milburn, it was considered the finest office building in North Carolina for its time. Built around 1898, it was demolished in 1957. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy, 4x5 negative -Publisher: Unknown

Law Building

The Law Building was once located at 730 East Trade Street. The building at 700 East Trade served as the Couunty Courthouse from 1927 to 1977. 

Physical Description: 8x10, glossy - 4x5 negative

Publisher: Unknown

Luther Synder House

The Luther Snyder Residence at 1109 Queens Road was remodeled in the 1980s. Today it is known as Carol Hall, and is used by Queens College. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Charlotte Chamber of Commerce

The Charlotte Chamber of Commerce was located on the south side of West Fourth Street in 1936. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown