You are here

Robinson-Spangler North Carolina Room Image Collection

East Trade Street

 

Veiw of East Trade Street from the Square. Physical Description: color postcard

Publisher: Southern Post Card Company

CP.2005.04.557.000

Charlotte Speedway

 
Photo of drivers and crowd at the inaugural race at Charlotte Speedway
1924
 

Physical Description: 4 x 9.5 inches Black and White

Publisher:

House in Fourth Ward, 2005

 
This photo was taken in the spring of 2005 in Charlotte's Fourth Ward.

Physical Description: digital image

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

Y.W.C.A. (Interior View) Charlotte, North Carolina

This an interior view of the  Charlotte Y.W.C.A. that was organized on November 11, 1874. This was the second building constructed by the organization. It was  located next door to the Latta Arcade in the 300 block of South Tryon Street. 

Physical Description: color postcard

Publisher: Stone and Barringer Book Company

CP_2015_04_556_00

Nurses

 
Nurses most likely Presbyterian Hospital

Physical Description: 5 x 7 inches albumen print mounted on board.

Publisher:

House in Fourth Ward, 2005

 
This photo was taken in the spring of 2005 in Charlotte's Fourth Ward.

Physical Description: digital image

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

Myers Park Country Club in Charlotte, North Carolina

The Myers Park Country Club formed in 1921 with over three hundred members. This is a picture of the first club house.

Physical Description: black and white postcard

Publisher: Dixie News Company, Charlotte, North Carolina

CP_2015_04_555

Joseph Benjamin Ivey

 
Joseph Benjamin Ivey (1864-1958) photographed in his garden with dahlias
 
Photo taken at Morehead at Queens Rd
 
 

Physical Description: 5 x 7 inches albumen print

Publisher:

House in Fourth Ward, 2005

 
This photo was taken in the spring of 2005 in Charlotte's Fourth Ward.

Physical Description: digital image

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

Mercy Hospital, Charlotte, NC (1952)

In 1906, the Sisters of Mercy first established a hospital in Charlotte in uptown Charlotte near St. Peter's Catholic Church. This facilty opened in 1916 with additional wings added over time. Today, the facility is under the control of the Carolinas Healthcare System and is now called Carolinas Medical Center-Mercy.

Physical Description: Genuine Curteich-Chicago post card

Publisher: Dixie News Company