You are here

Robinson-Spangler North Carolina Room Image Collection

Liles Nix Company

 
 
In 1910, Floyd L. Liles of Spartanburg opened a ready wear goods store at 6 S. Tryon called the Floyd L. Liles Company. In 1911, Joseph R. Nix became a partner and the store changed its name to Liles and Nix. In 1912, the store moved to 17-19 West Trade Street but closed one year later in 1913. 
  Physical Description: 3 x 5 inches, glossy, bloack and white Publisher:

Charlotte Observer Building

 
The Charlotte Observer headquarters  took up the entire block at Tryon and Stonewall when it was built in  1971.  This picture shows the side that faced the first block of West Stonewall Street still intact but the rest of the building already  demolished.

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

House in Fourth Ward, 2005

 
This photo was taken in the spring of 2005 in Charlotte's Fourth Ward.

Physical Description: digital image

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

House in Fourth Ward, 2005

 
This photo was taken in the spring of 2005 in Charlotte's Fourth Ward.

Physical Description: digital image

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

Elmwood Cemetery Staff

 
 Cemetary Staff posing in 1945 Physical Description: 8 x 10 inches, Black and White Publisher:

NASCAR Hall of Fame

 
The NASCAR Hall of Fame opened in 2010. The photograph shows it under construction, viewed from the intersection of Stonewall St. and South Boulevard. Physical Description: .jpg 2048 X 2730 Publisher:

House in Fourth Ward, 2005

 
This photo shows the corner of Poplar and 7th in the spring of 2005.

Physical Description: digital image

Publisher: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library