You are here

Transportation

Myers Park

Couple driving through Myers Park. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Southern Railroad Depot

The Southern Railroad Depot was located at 531 West Trade Street Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Charlotte Municipal Airport

The Charlotte Municpal Airport opened in 1936 under the auspices of the city of Charlotte.
During World War II, the United States Army Airforce  took over the management of the airport and established Morris Field Air Base in 1941. The airfield was used by the Third Airforce for antisubmarine patrols and training. After the war, a passenger terminal was added, and the airport was renamed the Douglas Municipal Airport in honor of Mayor Ben E. Douglas (1894-1981). Physical Description: copy of original Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

Charlotte Douglas International Airport

The Charlotte Douglas International Airport is located in west Charlotte and provides passenger and commercial air service throughout the world. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

Charlotte Municipal Airport

The Charlotte Municpal Airport opened in 1936 under the auspices of the city of Charlotte.
During World War II, the United States Army Airforce  took over the management of the airport and established Morris Field Air Base in 1941. The airfield was used by the Third Airforce for antisubmarine patrols and training. After the war, a passenger terminal was added, and the airport was renamed the Douglas Municipal Airport in honor of Mayor Ben E. Douglas (1894-1981). Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Charlotte Bus Station

Charlotte Bus Station on Trade Street Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Douglas Municipal Airport

The Charlotte Municpal Airport opened in 1936 under the auspices of the city of Charlotte.
During World War II, the United States Army Airforce  took over the management of the airport and established Morris Field Air Base in 1941. The airfield was used by the Third Airforce for antisubmarine patrols and training. After the war, a passenger terminal was added, and the airport was renamed the Douglas Municipal Airport in honor of Mayor Ben E. Douglas (1894-1981). Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Mecklenburg Road and their Builders

Mecklenburg Road and their Builders. Shows workers from the chain gangs. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: United States 5-1--25 Stores, Inc.