Pineville Dinner Theatre Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.
You are here
Ovens Auditorium is located on Independence Boulevard. Completed in 1955, it was named for cultural leader, David Owens. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.
The First National Bank was located at 112 South Tryon Street. It merged with the American Trust Company in 1958. Physical Description: 3x5 black and white Publisher: Graycraft Card Company
The Trust Building on South Tryon Street housed the Charlotte Opera House (1902-1922) on the first floor. A number of other businesses had offices in the Trust Building, including the Southern Power Company as well as the Academy of Music. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: HC Leighton Manufacturers
Joseph Benjamin Ivey (d. 1958) opened his tulip garden to the public each April. The garden contained over 35,000 tulips of different varieties. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich
This drive-in branch of the Commercial National Bank was located at 135 West Morehead Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Unknown
C.W. Johnston was president of the Highland Mill Manufacturing Company, and was a leader in the textile industry. The Johnston Building was seventeen stories high and was located in the 200 block of South Tryon Street. It was one of the tallest skyscrapers in North Carolina when it was completed 1924 Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company
The Hotel Charlotte opened is doors in 1923. It was located at the corner of West Trade and Poplar Streets. The hotel was the most popular hotel in Charlotte. During the 1920s, the Hotel Charlotte was site of an early recording studio. Bill Monroe, the Delmore Brothers and other country music legends made their early recordings at the hotel. It was demolished in 1988. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich
The Federal Reserve Bank on South Tryon Street opened in 1927. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company
The Realty Building was located at the corner of Trade and Tryon and was built in 1907. Designed by Louis Asbury, it was renamed the Independence Building in 1920 and was torn down in 1970. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company