You are here

Charlotte Postcard Collection

Hezekiah Alexander House

The Hezekiah Alexander is the oldest home in Mecklenburg County. Made of stone and log timbers, it was built in 1774, Alexander was a prominent farmer and politician in the county. It is located off of Shamrock Road. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: CT American Art

Mecklenburg Hotel

The Mecklenburg Hotel Was located at 520-524 West Trade Street. It was built in 1914 by W.C. Petty. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Edwin Towers

Located at 201 West Tenth Street, Edwin Towers in a 175-unit apartment house for the elderly. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

United States Federal Courthouse and Post Office in Charlotte

The Charles R. Jonas Federal Building is an historic two-story, limestone structure in the neo-classical design. Completed in 1915, it is located at 401 West Trade Street, in Charlotte. At various times it has served as a courthouse of the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, and a United States post office. In 1975, the building was renamed in honor of long-serving North Carolina Congressman Charles R. Jonas, and was transferred to the city in exchange for land in the fall of 2005. The city lease the building to the federal government for continued use.

Southern Manufacturer's Club

The Southern Manufacturer's Club was a private men's club located on 300 West Trade Street. It was home to some of the most prominent business leaders and writers in Charlotte during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. The lavish facility first opened in 1894. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Myers Park

Couple driving through Myers Park. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Southern Manufacturer's Club

The Southern Manufacturer's Club was a private men's club located on 300 West Trade Street. It was home to some of the most prominent business leaders and writers in Charlotte during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. The lavish facility first opened in 1894. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Bert Crowell

Liberty Life Building

A night time view of the Liberty Life Building in Charlotte at 112 South Tryon Street. Originally known as the First National Bank in 1927, the name changed in 1940 when Liberty Life Insurance Company of Greenville, South Carolina purchased the property. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company