You are here

Women

1950 Girls All Star Basketball Team

Minnie Alma Blake was coach of the West Charlotte High School basketball team. She is pictured with the girls’ All-Star basketball team. Players, from left to right: Ruth Gartrell, Mattie Eaves, Mary Alice Alexander, unknown, unknown, unknown, Jessie Mae Young. Physical Description: 5x7 Publisher: Unknown

Elizabeth College

Elizabeth College operated in Charlotte from 1896 to 1915. It was located at the intersection of Hawthorne Lane and Elizabeth Avenue. Today the buildings are part of Presbyterian Hospital. Physical Description: 3x5 black and white Publisher: Rotograph Company

Librarian at Carnegie Library

Librarian posing by a book truck in the old Carnegie Library, which was the first public library in Charlotte. It opened in 1903.

Physical Description: 8x10 black and white glossy.

Publisher:

Elizabeth College

Elizabeth College operated in Charlotte from 1896 to 1915. It was located at the intersection of Hawthorne Lane and Elizabeth Avenue. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Unknown

Elizabeth College

Elizabeth College operated in Charlotte from 1896 to 1915. It was located at the intersection of Hawthorne Lane and Elizabeth Avenue. Today the buildings are part of Presbyterian Hospital. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Souvenier Postcard Company

Presbyterian College

Presbyterian College for Women was located on College Street. It changed its names to Queens College when the school moved to Selwyn Avenue. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Unknown

Presbyterian College

Presbyterian College for Women was located on College Street. It changed its names to Queens College when the school moved to Selwyn Avenue. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Elizabeth College

Elizabeth College was located at the intersection of Elizabeth Avenue and Hawthorne Lane. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Rotograph Company

Elizabeth College

Elizabeth College was an all girl's school located at the intersection of Elizabeth Avenue and Hawthorne Lane. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Souvenier Postcard Company

Elizabeth College

Elizabeth College for women was founded in 1897 at what is now the intersection of Elizabeth Avenue and Hawthorne Lane. The main building was 172 by 143 feet, four stories high and constructed of brick and Indiana limestone. At the time this postcard was made there were thirty instructors and about 130 students. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Raphael Tuck and Sons