You are here

People

Joseph Benjamin Ivey

 
Joseph Benjamin Ivey (1864-1958) photographed in his garden with dahlias
 
Photo taken at Morehead at Queens Rd
 
 

Physical Description: 5 x 7 inches albumen print

Publisher:

Joe Davidson and Graham Abernathy

 Over a 100 years ago, Charlotte held it’s own Renaissance Festival at the Charlotte Fairgrounds. The Charlotte Consolidated Construction Company (the 4 C's) headed by Edward Dilworth Latta, leased a large track of land to the Mecklenburg Fair Association in 1902. The latter opened a fair in September of that year. The fairgrounds were located on the south side of East Boulevard about where Park Road and Dilworth Road West are today.

Elmwood Cemetery Staff

 
 Cemetary Staff posing in 1945 Physical Description: 8 x 10 inches, Black and White Publisher:

A&P North Caswell Road interior

Mr. Boyd & Mr. W.M. Hannor. April 15, 1932 show off their produce at the A & P in the Elizabeth Neighborhood. Physical Description: 3 x 5 inches, black and white Publisher:

A&P with Mr C. F. Biggers

 
Claude Felix Biggers (1880 - 1937) was the manager of the A&P Grocery Store on South Church Street where the Charlotte News building was later built. - N.W. corner of Church and Fourth Street.
 
 

Physical Description: 5 x 7, glossy, black and white

Publisher: