You are here

Houses North Carolina Charlotte

Brown and Van Landingham House

Peter M. Brown's home was located at 300 East Avenue. Brown (1859-1913) was a real estate executive and businessman. The John Van Landingham House was located at 500 East Trade Street. Van Landingham (1848-1873) was a cotton broker.

Physical Description: 8x10 glossy 4x5 negative

Publisher: Unknown

Myers Park

Early development of Myers Park. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy, Publisher: Unknown

Image Negative: 1
Print: 1
Donor: Bill Summerville

Wallace or Wallis House

The Wallis or Wallace house was built around 1756. It was located on Albemarle Road, the house collapsed during an attempt to move the house to another site in the 1960s. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Luther Synder House

The Luther Snyder Residence at 1109 Queens Road was remodeled in the 1980s. Today it is known as Carol Hall, and is used by Queens College. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Draper House

The Earl J. Draper House was located at 1005 Queens Road. He was the resident landscape architect for Myers Park. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Wallace or Wallis House detail

A detail of the Wallis (Wallace) House.The Wallis or Wallace house was built around 1756. It was located on Albemarle Road, the house collapsed during an attempt to move the house to another site in the 1960s. Physical Description: 5x7 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Belk House (William Henry Belk)

The residence of William Henry Belk (1862-1952) was located at 120 Hawthorne Lane. It was built in 1925 by the Theis-Smith Company. Charles C. Hook (1869-1934) was the architect. Today the house is used by Presbyterian Hospital. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Draper Home Interior Shot

 An interior shot of the Earl W. S. Draper House around 1928. He was the resident landscape architect for Myers Park. 

ID Number: H_2000_01_268_00

Image Year: 1928

Physical Description: 8x10 glossy

Category: Hornet's Nest

Format: Black and White

Image Negative: 1

Print: 1

Donor: Mary Boyer

Copyright: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library

Publisher: Unknown

Photographer: Margaret Phillips

Anna Morrison Jackson Second House

The residence of Anna Morrison Jackson's House on the north side of West Trade Street near the intersection with Mint Street. She was the widow of General Stonewall Jackson. This print was taken from a 1911 postcard. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown