You are here

Houses North Carolina Charlotte

Hezekiah Alexander House

The Hezekiah Alexander is the oldest home in Mecklenburg County. Made of stone and log timbers, it was built in 1774, Alexander was a prominent farmer and politician in the county. It is located off of Shamrock Road. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

Charlotte Country Club

Charlotte Country Club began as The Mecklenburg Club in 1910. This first Club was located west of the city adjoining a pond on or near Stewart Creek. The activities of this early Club were confined to card games, picnics, boating, and fishing. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. The club moved to its present location in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood in 1931. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: American News Company

House in Myers Park

House in Myers Park. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Hoskins Mill Village

Hoskins Mill Village was a residential area for the workers at nearby Hoskins Mill that opened in 1904. The village was on Gossett and Hoskins Avenue. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Country Club

Ye Country Club is on the title of the card. The card predates the Charlotte Country Club. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: American News Company

Charlotte Country Club

Originally called the Mecklenburg Country Club, it was founded in 1910. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Charlotte Country Club

Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910. It was originally called the Mecklenburg Country Club, the name was changed in 1917. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: McNeil Paper Company

Charlotte Country Club

This is an image of the Charlotte Country Club. It was founded in 1910 and originally called the Mecklenburg Country Club. The name was changed in 1917. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company