The home of Michael and Sarah Rudisell House was located at 208 North College Street. It was built in 1851 by Jonas Rudisill and later occupied by the Ross family. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy4x5 negative Publisher: Unknown
You are here
Thomas B. Hoover is shown driving one of the horse and buggies from his livery stable.
Behind him is the Parker House, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1904, shortly before this photograph was taken, and became 901 Central Avenue once the road was named and the houses numbered. The owner of the house, Charles Parker, operated the Parker Gardner Music Store in Charlotte for a number of years.
Physical Description: 8x104x5 negative Publisher: Unknown
Enderly House was the home of Sydenham B. Alexander. It was later donated to Camp Greene.
Physical Description: 4 3/4 by 3 1/2 mounted print 35 mm negative
This house was once located at the intersection of what is now Highway 115 and Mayes Road. The home and surrounding plantation was the property of Andrew Springs who was a successful farmer, store owner and ran the local post office. Springs died in 1860, and the house became the property of Dr. Isaac Wilson.
Physical Description: negatives only
The John B. Ross House is a wonderful example of Italian Revival architecture. at Once located at 502 North College Street, the home was built it between 1894 and 1896. John B. Ross (1852-1933) was the president of the John B. Ross Company and vice-president of the First National Bank.
Physical Description: 8 x 10 Original print
The home of John S. and Evelyn Burne Blake at 704 North College Street. He operated Blake's Drugstore on the Square. The family is on the front porch. Physical Description: Negative only Publisher:
The Osborne Oak was located at West Trade and Graham Street. It was more than a 100 years old when this photograph was taken. The home belonged to Dr. Sam Hayes who married an Osborne.
Physical Description: 3 x 3 mounted original (silver nitrate evident)
The Charlotte residence of Zebulon B. Vance (1830-1894) at Sixth and College Streets. Born in Buncombe County, Vance served twice as Governor of North Carolina. After the Civil War he moved to Charlotte and established a law practice. Later Vance was served as one North Carolina's a United States Senator.
Physical Description: 3 x 5
The Osborne Oak was located at West Trade and Graham Street. It was more than a 100 years old when this photograph was taken in 1906. The home belonged to Dr. Sam Hayes who married an Osborne. A horse drawn cart is in front.
Physical Description: Original 3 x 3