C. C. Coddington House on 900 Hermitage Road Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company
You are here
Historic Houses North Carolina Charlotte
Robert M. Miller was the president of the Elizabeth Mills and Millerton Homes Company and the Secretary-Treasurer of the Buford Hotel. His home was located at 406 North Tryon Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Stone and Barringer Publishers
The home of Mary Anna Morrison Jackson, widow of General Stonewall Jackson, was located at 306 West Trade Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Raphael Tuck and Sons
A side view of the Ezekial Wallis or Wallace House that was once located on Albemarle Road. It was one of the oldest houses in Charlotte. Physical Description: 4x5 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Architectural details of the stonework of the Ezekial Wallis House.
Physical Description: 8x10 glossy
The Charlotte residence of Zebulon B. Vance (1830-1894), served as twice as Governor of North Carolina (1862-1865) and (1877-1879) and later as United States Senator from North Carolina (1879-1894). After his first term as Governor, Vance, a native of Buncombe County, settled in Charlotte and practiced law.
Physical Description: Black and White
Peter M. Brown's home was located at 300 East Avenue. Brown (1859-1913) was a real estate executive and businessman. The John Van Landingham House was located at 500 East Trade Street. Van Landingham (1848-1873) was a cotton broker.
Physical Description: 8x10 glossy 4x5 negative
Unknown house possily once located on Hawthorne Road. Physical Description: negative only Publisher: Unknown
Hezekiah Alexander House was built in 1774. This rock house is located on Shamrock Drive. It is the oldest house in Mecklenburg County.Today it is part of the Charlotte History Museum. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
Rosedale House is also known as the Craig-Davidson House in honor of its two previous owners. Built around 1780, it is located on North Tryon Street. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown