You are here

Historic Houses North Carolina

James K. Polk House

The birthplace of America's Eleventh President, James Knox Polk is located in Pineville, North Carolina. The cabin has since been restored. Polk was an 1818 UNC Chapel Hill graduate. He became President of the United States on March 4, 1845. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: Unknown

Charlotte Country Club

Charlotte Country Club began as The Mecklenburg Club in 1910. This first Club was located west of the city adjoining a pond on or near Stewart Creek. The activities of this early Club were confined to card games, picnics, boating, and fishing. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. The club moved to its present location in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood in 1931. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: American News Company

Country Club

Ye Country Club is on the title of the card. The card predates the Charlotte Country Club. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: American News Company

Charlotte Country Club

Originally called the Mecklenburg Country Club, it was founded in 1910. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Charlotte Country Club

Charlotte Country Club began as The Mecklenburg Club in 1910. This first Club was located west of the city adjoining a pond on or near Stewart Creek. The activities of this early Club were confined to card games, picnics, boating, and fishing. The club moved to its present location in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood in 1931. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Observer Printing House

Charlotte Country Club

Originally called the Mecklenburg Country Club, it was founded in 1910. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Asheville Postcard and Pennant Company

Charlotte Country Club

Charlotte Country Club began as The Mecklenburg Club in 1910. This first Club was located west of the city adjoining a pond on or near Stewart Creek. The activities of this early Club were confined to card games, picnics, boating, and fishing. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. The club moved to its present location in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood in 1931. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Souvenier Postcard Company

Charlotte Country Club

Charlotte Country Club began as The Mecklenburg Club in 1910. This first Club was located west of the city adjoining a pond on or near Stewart Creek. The activities of this early Club were confined to card games, picnics, boating, and fishing. The name was changed to Charlotte Country Club in 1917. The club moved to its present location in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood in 1931. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Southern Postcard Company