Charlotte Polo Club Field
Aerial view of the Charlotte Polo Club which used the landing field on Queens Road West and Selwyn Avenue. Founded in September of 1923, the club was very popular from 1923-1935. At the time a good polo pony cost $1000.00, and riders needed at least three horses per game. The high costs of the sports led to its demise.