J. T. Williams (1859 - 1924) was a teacher, a physician and a diplomat as well as a highly respected businessman. He was president of the Queen City Drug Store Company, one of the first black owned and operated drug stores in North Carolina. In 1898, he was appointed consul to Sierra Leone.
CHARLOTTE-MECKLENBURG HISTORIC LANDMARKS COMMISSION.
Right: The Williams home at 205 South Brevard Street.