The following information came from an article by Jane Renwick Wilkes in The Charlotte Observer, Women's Mecklenburg Declaration Edition, 5/20/1896, page 4:
You are here
The cemetery is next to the church and is visible from the road.
The author said the property at the time was owned by Mr. R. L. McGinn. There were only stones for 3 people. There were many other field stones marking graves. There is no additional information. The author described the location on a hill overlooking McAlpine Creek.
The author described the location on a hill overlooking McAlpine Creek.
See "Taylor Cemetery," Dennis R. Dean survey for Mecklenburg Co. Genealogy Society on 12-16-1982
(1) Taylor Cemetery Dennis R. Dean survey for Mecklenburg Co. Genealogy Society on 12-16-1982
The church moved to another location and used some of the gravestones for the foundation of the new church. This is not a complete list of burials. The cemetery used to be off Sharon Road near Wendover.
The cemetery is north of the end of Winget Rd. and east of the creek.
(1) Mecklenburg Co., NC (map), 3rd ed., Alexandria Drafting Co., Alexandria, VA, 2000
This land was once the farm of former slave, William Ingram, according to The Charlotte Observer. He deeded the land in December 1884. The cemetery is visible from the street and is well marked.
This cemetery started in 1958. This cemetery is well marked and is visible from the road.
(1) Burek, Deborah M., ed., Cemeteries of the U. S., Detroit: Gale Research Inc., 1994.