Hawthorne Lane Methodist Church
Hawthorne Lane Methodist Church was officially founded in 1915. The land for the church was donated by the Oakhurst Land Company. B. D. Heath (1849-1919) was the President of the company and a leading developer in the Elizabeth area. Famed architect, Louis Asbury designed the church which included an auditorium, a Sunday School auditorium and classrooms. The total coast of the church at the time was $38,119. The first service was held in the new building on December 3, 1916.