You are here

Houses

Dr. E. French Tyson Home

Dr. E. French Tyson practiced medicine in Charlotte from 1913 to 1950. His home was located at 907 South Brevard Street. Physical Description: 5x7 Publisher: Unknown

Thaddeus Tate House

The Tate family lived in this elegant home at 504 East 7th Street. Thaddeus Tate opened a barber shop in 1882 which prospered for over sixty years. He co-founded several of Charlotte's leading black businesses, including the Afro-American Mutual Insurance Company and the Mecklenburg Investment Company. Physical Description: 8x10 and mounted version for exhibition. Publisher: Unknown

Anna Morrison Jackson's Second House

The home of Mary Anna Morrison Jackson, widow of General Stonewall Jackson, was located at 306 West Trade Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Southern Postcard Company

Hezekiah Alexander House

Built in 1774, the rock house of Hezekiah Alexander is the oldest standing home in Charlotte. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Hezekiah Alexander House

The Hezekiah Alexander is the oldest home in Mecklenburg County. Made of stone and log timbers, it was built in 1774, Alexander was a prominent farmer and politician in the county. It is located off of Shamrock Road. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: CT American Art

William Phifer House

The home of William F. Phifer was located at 700 North Tryon Street. Reportedly, this is the site of the last full meeting of the Confederate Cabinet. That meeting was held on April 26, 1865. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Asheville Postcard and Pennant Company

William Phifer House

William F. Phifer's house was located at 700 North Tryon Street. Reportedly the last meeting of the complete Confederate Cabinet met here on April 26, 1865. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Southern Postcard Company

St. Mark's Lutheran Church

St. Mark's Lutheran Church and the R.E. Miller residence were located in the 400 block of North Tryon Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress