You are here

Hospitals North Carolina Charlotte Presbyterian

Presbyterian Hospital

This is the third and current location of Presyberian Hospital, now Novant Presbyterian.  In 1898 the hospital was located on the corner of Trade and Mint Streets in what was once known as the Arlington Hotel. In 1907, the facility moved to a three-story brick building on the southwest corner of Chruch and Sixth Streets, later indentified for many years as the Churchhill Apartments. In 1916, the hospital purchased the former Elizabeth College and remodeled it to serve as a medical facility.

9

By the late 1890s, Dr. Annie enjoyed an ever-expanding medical practice. She had privileges at both St. Peter’s and Presbyterian Hospitals. Dr. Annie’s house calls took her to various locations in the county and she treated patients from all walks of life and of any race.

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital at the intersection of Hawthorne Lane and Elizabeth Avenue. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital was originally located at 311 West Trade Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Stone and Barringer Publishers

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital was first located at 311 West Trade Street. It moved to its current location in 1903. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Roth and Langley

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital on Hawthorne Lane was founded in 1903. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital is located on the former site of Elizabeth College. It was founded in 1898 by four doctors who first called it Charlotte Private Hospital. It is located at 200 Hawthorne Lane. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: B & H Photo Company

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital is located on the former site of Elizabeth College. It was founded in 1898 by four doctors who first called it Charlotte Private Hospital. It is located at 200 Hawthorne Lane. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital began as a private institution in 1898, but was later presented as a gift to local Presbyterian Churches in 1903. This is the second location of the hospital. The hospital began occupying the buildings formerly owned by Elizabeth College in 1917. It is located at the intersection of Hawthorne Lane and Elizabeth Avenue. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Parade Scene at the Corner of Mint and Trade (Presbyterian Hospital featured)

A parade was held every year to celebrate Mecklenburg Declaration day. This photograph features the first building to house the Presbyterian Hospital. It was located on the second floor of the building. Notice the patients and nurses standing on the balcony. It was located on the corner of Mint and Trade Streets across from the Selwyn Hotel. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown