You are here

Historic Houses North Carolina Mecklenburg

C. C. Coddington Villa

C. C. Coddington House on 900 Hermitage Road Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Fountain at Duke Mansion

The Wonder Fountain, James B. Duke Estate, Myers Park. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Anna Morrison Jackson's House Number Two

This is the second home of Mrs. Stonewall Jackson, widow of the great Confederate Calvary Leader, author of Life of Stonewall Jackson. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Stone and Barringer Publishers

Anna Morrison Jackson's First Residence

The first home occupied by Anna Morrison Jackson in Charlotte following the death of her husband, General Stonewall Stonewall Jackson. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Souvenier Postcard Company

Hezekiah Alexander House

The Hezekiah Alexanders House was erected in 1774. In 1950, the Charlotte Chapter of the D. A. R. restored the home. Physical Description: 3x5, black and white. Publisher: Unknown

Pitts House

The Pitts House is located in Mecklenburg County, but information regarding the house is scarce. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Cedar Grove Plantation

The Torrance House is also known as Cedar Grove and was built by James Torrance in 1831. It is located in northern Mecklenburg County. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

Charles W. Tillett House

The Charles W. Tillett House was located at 801 North Tryon Street in Charlotte, North Carolina. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

McIntyre's Farm

When General Cornwallis invaded Mecklenburg County in 1780, a number of skirmishes between the local rebels and the British troops took place. The Battle of McIntyre's Farm took place on October 3, 1780. The log farmhouse was located on Beatties Ford Road. Cornwallis and his forces withdrew from Mecklenburg County on October 12, 1780. This image was made on April 25, 1934. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown

McIntyre's Farm

This is the earliest known print of McIntyre's Farm. When General Cornwallis invaded Mecklenburg County in 1780, a number of skirmishes between the local rebels and the British troops took place. The Battle of McIntyre's Farm took place on October 3, 1780. The log farmhouse was located on Beatties Ford Road. Cornwallis and his forces withdrew from Mecklenburg County on October 12, 1780. This image was made on April 25, 1934.