You are here

Government Facilities North Carolina Charlotte

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928.The Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located on West Trade Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

United States Post Office and Court House in Charlotte

This the way the courthouse and post office appeared when it was first constructed in 1915. Today  Charles R. Jonas Federal Building is an historic two-story, limestone structure in the neo-classical design. It is located at 401 West Trade Street, in Charlotte with an addition that was built in 1934. At various times it has served as a courthouse of the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, and a United States post office. In 1975, the building was renamed in honor of long-serving North Carolina Congressman Charles R.

United States Post Office and Court House in Charlotte

The Charles R. Jonas Federal Building is an historic two-story, limestone structure in the neo-classical design. Completed in 1915, it is located at 401 West Trade Street, in Charlotte. An addition was built in 1934. At various times it has served as a courthouse of the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, and a United States post office. In 1975, the building was renamed in honor of long-serving North Carolina Congressman Charles R. Jonas, and was transferred to the city in exchange for land in the fall of 2005.

Charlotte City Hall (1927)

Charlotte City Hall was constructed in 1920 of Indiana limestone.  Located on East Trade Street, it was first occupied in 1927. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Charlotte City Hall (1927)

City Hall was constructed in 1920. Located on East Trade Street, it was first occupied in 1927. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich

Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The Mecklenburg County Courthouse and the Lawyers Building . Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: HC Leighton Manufacturers

Fourth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fourth courthouse in Charlotte was completed after the Civil War at a cost of $50,000. From a postcard series Number 2349 by Raphael Tuck and Sons Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Raphael Tuck and Sons