You are here

Government Buildings

Fourth Courthouse and Lawyers Building

The Fourth Mecklenburg Courthouse was located on the site of Liberty Hall. (The intersection of Tryon and Third Streets.) The `Lawyers` Building was located nearby. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

United States Federal Courthouse and Post Office in Charlotte

The Charles R. Jonas Federal Building is an historic two-story, limestone structure in the neo-classical design. Completed in 1915, it is located at 401 West Trade Street, in Charlotte. At various times it has served as a courthouse of the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, and a United States post office. In 1975, the building was renamed in honor of long-serving North Carolina Congressman Charles R. Jonas, and was transferred to the city in exchange for land in the fall of 2005. The city lease the building to the federal government for continued use.

Charlotte City Hall (1927)

City Hall was constructed in 1920. Located on East Trade Street, it was first occupied in 1927. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich

Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The Mecklenburg County Courthouse and the Lawyers Building . Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: HC Leighton Manufacturers

Fourth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fourth courthouse in Charlotte was completed after the Civil War at a cost of $50,000. From a postcard series Number 2349 by Raphael Tuck and Sons Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Raphael Tuck and Sons

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse

The fifth Mecklenburg County Courthouse is located at 700 East Trade Street. Built at a cost of one million dollars, it first opened in 1928. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company