You are here

Fraternal Organizations North Carolina Charlotte

Phyllis Wheatley YWCA

The Planning Committee of the Phyllis Wheatley YWCA. Left to right: unknown, Eloise Usher, Elizabeth Randolph, Eva Long, Allegra Westbrooks, Goldwyn Foster, Floretta Douglas Gunn, Romenia Ford, Willie Mae Porter, unknown. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown

Omega Psi Phi (Charlotte Chapter)

The Omega Psi Phi was founded on November 17, 1911, at Howard University in Washington, D.C. It is the first international fraternal organization to be founded on the campus of a historically black college. This is a picture of the Charlotte Chapter. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown

Black Cat Social Club

Members of the Black Cat Social Club and their wives at annual Christmas Dance. Physical Description: 5x7 Enlarged version is in Exhibit. Publisher: Unknown

Pisgah Lodge #266 (311 South Caldwell Street)

Panorama shot of the Pisgah Lodge #266 mortgage burning on 17 October 1943. The lodge was located at 311 South Caldwell Street. Physical Description: Panorama shot is located in the oversize photograph box. Publisher: Unknown

Masonic Temple

Opening on October 11, 1921, the second Masonic Temple in Charlotte was designed by Willard Rogers in the Egyptian Revival style. Prior to its dismantling and demolition, after First Union purchased the property in 1987, it was the last example of Egyptian Revival architecture in North Carolina. The first Masonic Temple in Charlotte was located on South Tryon Street and the corner of Second Street. Built in 1913, at a cost of $122.750, the building was designed by Charles Christian Hook and Willard G. Rogers. J.A. Jones was the construction company.

Masonic Temple

Opening on October 11, 1921, the second Masonic Temple in Charlotte was designed by Willard Rogers in the Egyptian Revival style. Prior to its dismantling and demolition, after First Union purchased the property in 1987, it was the last example of Egyptian Revival architecture in North Carolina. The first Masonic Temple in Charlotte was located on South Tryon Street and the corner of Second Street. Built in 1913, at a cost of $122.750, the building was designed by Charles Christian Hook and Willard G. Rogers. J.A. Jones was the construction company.

Masonic Temple

Opening on October 11, 1921, the second Masonic Temple In Charlotte was designed by Willard Rogers in the Egyptian Revival style. Prior to its dismantling and demolition after First Union purchased the property in 1987, it was the last example of Egyptian Revival architecture in North Carolina. The first Masonic Temple in Charlotte was located on South Tryon Street and the corner of Second Street. Built in 1913, at a cost of $122.750, the building was designed by Charles Christian Hook and Willard G. Rogers. J.A. Jones was the construction company.

Red Fez Club

Local Shriners organized The Red Fez Club in 1915 and opened a three-story country club on Lake Wylie. (Catawba is the name of the River that feeds the lake.) For more information about the Red Fez Club: http://www.redfezshrineclub.com/ClubHistory Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich

Country Club

Ye Country Club is on the title of the card. The card predates the Charlotte Country Club. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: American News Company