Myers Park Baptist Church was organized in 1943. Located at 1900 Queens Road in Charlotte, this traditional Colonial style building was completed in 1952. The church is affiliated with American Baptist Churches - USA.
You are here
Churches: See Catholic or Protestant
Hawthorne Lane Methodist Church was officially founded in 1915. The land for the church was donated by the Oakhurst Land Company. B. D. Heath (1849-1919) was the President of the company and a leading developer in the Elizabeth area. Famed architect, Louis Asbury designed the church which included an auditorium, a Sunday School auditorium and classrooms. The total coast of the church at the time was $38,119. The first service was held in the new building on December 3, 1916.
On January 30, 1830, residents in the Sharon neighborhood of Charlotte, North Carolina, met at the home of Martha Kirkpatrick to discuss the organization of church. The land for the church, located on what is now Sharon Road, was donated by Dr. J. W. Ross and the Kirkpatrick family. The church building, seen here, was completed and the first services were held on October 22, 1831.
Physical Description: Snap shot
Black and white postcard of First Presbyterian Church.
hysical Description: 3x5
Publisher: Adolphe Selige Publishing
St. Mark's Lutheran Church is the oldest Evangelical Lutheran Church in Charlotte. Worship services were first held in 1859. The church occupied a number of facilities, including a church on North Tryon Street prior to moving to Queens Road. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
St. Peter's Episcopal Church was first built in 1857 then rebuilt between 1880 and 1892. Located at the corner of 7th and North Tryon Streets, it is the oldest Episcopal Church in Charlotte. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown