A Sunday School Class at 7th Street Presbyterian Church. Dr. D. J. Martin was the teacher. Physical Description: 8x10 Publisher: Unknown
You are here
The Little Rock AME Zion Church was established in the 1870s. The building seen here is the second 1887 Little Rock AME Zion Church was located in Third Ward on S. Graham St. between Second and Third Streets. In 1906, the church was moved to the 7th and Myers Street. Because the move took place over several days, it was necessary to hold a funeral inside the sanctuary during the move. This building was replaced by a more substaintial one in 1911.
Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Vacation Bible School at Wilson Memorial Prebyterian Church which is on Bland Street. At the time, the Reverend L. B. Washington was the pastor. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
St. Paul Ladies Usher Board.Seated from left to right: Reba Campbell, Laura E. Douglas, Maggie Jones, Mary Caruth, Ms. Huntley. The women standing are unidentified. Physical Description: 5x7 Publisher: Unknown
The new St. Paul Baptist Church on McDowell Street. The Reverend James F. Wertz was the Pastor. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
1. Miss Pearline Wilson, Leader of Intermediate Girl Scouts.2. Miss Virginia Huntley, Secretary to Pastor.3. Mrs. Cora Duren, leader of women's division of Home Makers Convention. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
Gethsemane Baptist Church family picture. Located on Winnifred Street in Third Ward. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
The Grace African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church was founded by four men and seventeen women in December, 1887. The Church moved into this building on Brevard Street in 1900. Physical Description: Publisher: Unknown
First Presbyterian Church in Charlotte was organized in 1832. Originally a small church, this building was replaced on November 17, 1895 with this impressive structure. It is located at the corners of West Trade and Church Streets. It is one of the largest churches in the uptown area. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: International Post Card Company
Covenant Presbyterian Church was formed in June 1947 with the merger of two churches, Second Presbyterian (organized 1873) and Westminster Presbyterian Church (organized 1897). Covenant is considered to be one of the finest examples of Gothic Revival architecture in the United States. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.