You are here

Catholic or Protestant

St. Mark's Lutheran Church

St. Mark's Lutheran Church and the R.E. Miller residence were located in the 400 block of North Tryon Street. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Covenant Presbyterian Church

Covenant Presbyterian Church was formed in June 1947 with the merger of two churches, Second Presbyterian (organized 1873) and Westminster Presbyterian Church (organized 1897). Covenant is considered to be one of the finest examples of Gothic Revival architecture in the United States. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church in Charlotte was organized in 1832. Originally a small church, this building was replaced on November 17, 1895 with this impressive structure. It is located at the corners of West Trade and Church Streets. It is one of the largest churches in the uptown area. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: International Post Card Company

Covenant Presbyterian Church

Covenant Presbyterian Church was formed in June 1947 with the merger of two churches, Second Presbyterian (organized 1873) and Westminster Presbyterian Church (organized 1897). Covenant is considered to be one of the finest examples of Gothic Revival architecture in the United States. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

St. Mark's Lutheran Church (interior)

Stain glass image in St. Mark's Lutheran Church on Queens Road. Founded in 1859, the church was once located in uptown Charlotte. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Unknown

Four Catholic Churches

Charlotte's four Catholic churches in the 1940s, including St. Peter's, what is now the Cathedral of St. Patrick, Our Lady of Perpetual Help and our Lady of Assumption. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: E. C. Kropp Company

Cathedral of St. Patrick

St. Patrick's Catholic Church is located on Dilworth Avenue. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: B & H Photo Company

Second Presbyterian Church

The Second Presbyterian Church was located at 214 North Tryon Street. It opened on October 22, 1873. The church served as a focal point for many Charlotteans until June 1947 when the congregation merged with Westminster Presbyterian Church to form Covenant Presbyterian Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Four Methodist Churches

Four Methodist churches in Charlotte: Hawthorne Lane Methodist, First Methodist, Myers Park Methodist, and Dilworth Methodist. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich

First Presbyterian Church

The First Presbyterian Church is one of the oldest congregations in the city. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Graycraft Card Company