You are here

Buildings North Carolina

Fourth Courthouse & Law Building

This postcard depicts the Fourth Mecklenburg County Courthouse that was built in 1897, the Independence Monument and the Law Building. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: S H Kress

Wachovia Bank

The Wachovia Bank and Trust is located on 129 West Trade Street. This fifteen-story tower was the first to use prismatic cast stone panels. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: Unknown

Independence Square

Daily activities are depicted on this postcard of Tryon Street looking South from the Square. Physical Description: 3x5 color Publisher: S H Kress

Selwyn Hotel

The Selwyn Hotel was located on West Trade Street. It opened in 1907. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Stone and Barringer Publishers

Mecklenburg Hotel

The Mecklenburg Hotel was located at 520-524 West Trade Street. It was built in 1914 by W.C. Petty. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Genuine Curteich

Fourth Courthouse and Lawyers Building

The Fourth Mecklenburg Courthouse was located on the site of Liberty Hall. (The intersection of Tryon and Third Streets.) The `Lawyers` Building was located nearby. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: S H Kress

Mecklenburg Hotel

The Mecklenburg Hotel Was located at 520-524 West Trade Street. It was built in 1914 by W.C. Petty. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Dixie News Company

Ovens Auditorium

Located on Independence Boulevard, Ovens Auditorium and the first Charlotte Coliseum were completed in 1955. The auditorium was named for David Ovens, a longtime supporter of cultural events. The Charlotte Merchandise Mart can also be seen in this postcard. Physical Description: 3x5 Publisher: Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

Uptown Charlotte

Aerial view of uptown Charlotte Physical Description: 3x Publisher: Unknown