Victor Shaws' Tire Store was located on the southeast corner of North College and Sixth Streets. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy, 4x5 negatives - 2 copies Publisher: Unknown
You are here
Automobile Equipment & Supply Stores North
The interior shot of Doc Crowell's Garage, which was located on the 200 block of North College Street. Physical Description: 8x10 glossy Publisher: Unknown
The Mecklenburg Auto Company was located at 211 South Church Street. T.E. James was the president.
Physical Description: 8x10 albumen print mounted
The College Street or Doc Crowel's Garage at 223 College Street. It is was the first Ford garage in Charlotte. Physical Description: 8x104x5 negative Publisher: Unknown
The Ford Motor Company Assembly Plant on Statesville Road was completed in 1924. Four hundred cars could be assembled at this facility in one day. The building was constructed at a cost of 2 million dollars. Albert Kahn designed the building. (E.C. Ball of Detroit is also given credit for assisting with the architectural design.) Charlotte contractors, MacDevitt-Flemming built the plant. Physical Description: 8x104x5 negative Publisher: Unknown