You are here

Miscellaneous

Home Federal Savings and Loan aka Buford Hotel

A picture of the Home Federal Savings and Loan Building prior to its demolition in 1965. Located at the corner of Fourth and Tryon Street, the photograph was taken on April 1, 1965. This building was once the Buford Hotel.

Physical Description: 2x4 negativecontact sheet

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

zzz please update

Physical Description:

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

MIC.2004.08.0031.05

A picture of the Home Federal Savings and Loan Building prior to its demolition in 1965. Located at the corner of Fourth and Tryon Street, the photograph was taken on April 1, 1965. This building was once the Buford Hotel.

Physical Description:

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

Home Federal Savings and Loan aka Buford Hotel

A picture of the Home Federal Savings and Loan Building prior to its demolition in 1965. Located at the corner of Fourth and Tryon Street, the photograph was taken on April 1, 1965. This building was once the Buford Hotel.

Physical Description: 2x4 negativecontact sheet

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

North Carolina Medical College

This image of the North Carolina Medical College was taken on April 10, 1916.The North Carolina Medical College was chartered in 1892 at Davidson College. The upper graduates moved to Charlotte in 1903 because of the new Presbyterian Hospital. The entire medical college moved into this building Charlotte in 1907. It is located on the southeast corner of Sixth and Church Streets. The school closed in 1913. Today the building has been renovated for apartments.

Physical Description: 4x5 negative

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

Minor C. Mayer House

The Minor C. Mayer residence was located at 302 North College Street. The family moved to a house at 802 South Tryon Street soon after this picture was taken. Mayer owned a large grocery store at 47-49 South Tryon Street.The bicycles in front of the houses reportedly belong to Mayer's sons, Robert A. and Clinton R. Mayer. The latter owned a drugstore at 301 North Tryon Street.

Physical Description: 4x5 negatives

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

Woman

Unknown woman in large hat and wearing a corsage.

Physical Description: 4x4 print4x5 negative

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

First Presbyterian Church

This image of First Presbyterian Church was taken prior to the addition of the Sunday School Building in 1894.

Physical Description: 4x5 negatives

Publisher: Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County

Unknown Woman

Unknown woman. Image part of VanLandingham Collection

Physical Description: Mounted sepia tone image

Publisher: Unknown

Walker's Drugstore & the Fisk Rubber Company

Walker's Drugstore and the Fisk Rubber Company occupied the building at 332 North Tryon Street. Dr. T. Arthur. Walker ran the drugstore Today, this building still stands on the corner of 8th and Tryon. The Fox & Hound Pub is located there.

Physical Description: 8x10 mounted

Publisher: Unknown