Douglas Municpal Airport
The Charlotte Municpal Airport opened in 1936 under the auspices of the city of Charlotte. During World War II, the United States Army Airforce took over the management of the airport and established Morris Field Air Base in 1941. The airfield was used by the Third Airforce for antisubmarine patrols and training. After the war, a passenger terminal was added, and the airport was renamed the Douglas Municipal Airport in honor of Mayor Ben E. Douglas (1894-1981).
Physical Description: 3 x 5 postcard
Publisher: Dexter Press