You are here

Center Grove AME Zion Cemetery, Site #2

County Quadrant: 
Southeast Quadrant
Organization Affiliation: 
AME Zion
behind the business at 848-850 W. Craighead Rd.

The church began in 1884 near Highland Park Manufacturing Company mill, which was built in 1903. The church was moved in 1900 to approximately 1 acre of land on W. Craighead Rd. Many of those buried in the cemetery have been removed. Only one headstone is currently visible. This is not a complete list of burials.  1/2 mile from the intersection of Graham St. on the east side of the street behind a business



(1) Survey done by William J. Charles, Old Mecklenburg Genealogy Society in 2-14-1983

(2) Report by Lois Yandle in the Carolina Room

(3) Articles in The Charlotte News, 3-10-1954, 9-20-1982

Condition of Location: 
Abandoned/Poor Condition

Burials in this Cemetery

Last Name First Name Date of Death Cemetery
Cammon Sarah 12 / 16 / 1955 Center Grove AME Zion Cemetery, Site #2
Montgomery Jim / / 1932 Center Grove AME Zion Cemetery, Site #2